Definition of supervision and coaching
Supervision and coaching is a form of counselling serving the assurance and development of the quality of communication and cooperation in professional contexts.
Supervisors and coaches work as freelance consultants and they implemented the concept of supervision as a stand-alone profession with standardised trainings, systems of quality assurance based on lively professional and scientific discussion and ethical codes all over Europe.
Supervison primarily serves the development of individuals and organisations. It improves the professional lives of individuals regarding their roles in institutional contexts.
- support in reflection and decision making processes concerning current professional issues
- support in challenging and demanding professional situations and conflicts
- clarification and processing of tasks, functions and roles
- support in and handling of processes of change
- innovative solutions for new challenges
- prophylactic measures to avoid mobbing and burnout
- counselling for people holding leading and management positions
- impulses concerning the fulfilment of leading roles
- development of personal performance
- support in processes of change and problematic situations
- support in personal career planning